Danny Kleinsasser is known as the “King of BBQ!” .
Danny and his family bring 25 years of experience to the barbeque business. Thanks to the support of his family, Danny was able to make his dreams a reality, and with his endless stream of creative ideas- Danny’s Whole Hog was born. It all began with the designing and building of the propane whole hog barbeques. Danny started out teaching his customers how to create an experience for their guests by cooking a whole hog right at their events. This sparked Danny’s passion for creating delicious, high quality meals, and he hasn’t looked back since. In 2002, Danny’s meat processing plant was ready to go. Danny looked at different ways to add value to his product and is a strong believer in using Manitoba products to serve juicy pork, turkey, beef, and chicken at events of all sizes.
Constantly evolving and expanding, Danny’s Whole hog services now include ready to serve pickup meals and caterings all over Manitoba and beyond. The smokehouse also offers a full line of smoked products and 9 flavours of our BBQ sauces.
Danny’s Whole Hog has since grown into the retail business as well with award-winning fully cooked Pulled Pork and Pulled Turkey retail boxes available in multiple sizes. His latest addition is the delicious Pulled Beef! These meats and his sauces are found in Red River Coop Stores, the new Save-On Food Stores and many more smaller locations as well.
While the thought of business growth can seem scary at times, Danny realizes it’s the key to his success, and that change is inevitable. He says, “Who knows where they will take me. Only time will tell. The key is to listen to my customers and bring those suggestions back to the business.”
While most of us associate barbeques with summer time, Danny’s services are available year round and we’ll always bring the flavour.
Danny’s Gives Back to the Community
Danny’s Whole Hog is all about feeding people, and Danny has learned how important it is to give back to his community.
He has been a major sponsor of Siloam Mission in Winnipeg for several years as well as CJOB’s “Hunger for Hope”, the Goldeyes “Field of Dreams”, Lighthouse Mission, Springs InnerCity, Winnipeg Harvest, Teen Challenge, Peak of the Market and CancerCare MB. He has also provided product for many other community fundraisers, such as Youth for Christ and more.
Danny encourages you to support these organizations as well!
Award Winning Food and Service!
Danny’s Whole Hog is the proud recipient of the following awards:
- 2017 President’s Award – Manitoba Food Processors Association Industry Excellence Awards
- 2016 Local Favourite Food Product (Pulled Pork) – Manitoba Food Processors Association Industry Excellence Awards
- 2016 Our Manitoba Heroes Award
- 2012 Best New Product Award (Packaged Pulled Turkey) – Manitoba Food Processors Association Industry Excellence Awards
- 2010 Business of the Year Award (Large) – Manitoba Business and Community Development Awards
- 2010 Service Excellence Award – Interlake Tourism Association
- 2010 Industry Builder Award – Manitoba Food Processors Association Industry Excellence Awards
- 2009 Marketing Excellence Award – Interlake Tourism Association
- 2006 Business of the Year Award (Large) – Manitoba Business and Community Development Awards
- 13th Annual Manitoba Tourism Awards – “Service Excellence”
- 1999 Product Promotion Award – Manitoba Pork Council Awards
Thank YOU for helping our business grow!